Killer Mosquitoes Coming Our Way
Mosquitoes have never been the most popular insect around, causing uncontrollable itching and unattractive bites. Until recently a few bites and a ruined holiday were the worst that could happen in the UK, but a new wave of the irritating insects has arrived and is proving deadly!
There are shocking reports spreading like wildfire throughout the UK that the Killer Asian Tiger Mosquito is making its way to the UK*. Public health expects have set up port controls which can help detect the mosquitoes entering from France, but they cannot be certain this will be 100% effective.
It is thought that the Asian Tiger Mosquito could be carrying the deadly dengue fever which is alarming health expects in the UK.
What is dengue fever?
Dengue is a common viral infection spread by mosquitoes. It is widespread in tropical and sub-tropical regions. Symptoms of dengue include:
- a high temperature (fever) that can reach as high as 41C (105.8F)
- pain behind the eyes
- bone, muscle and joint pain
Some people can contract “severe dengue” which can be fatal and lead to shock, bleeding and organ damage.
What can you do to help prevent being bitten by mosquitoes?
Firstly you must always remember to wear mosquito repellents; this will help keep them at bay. We advise to wear repellent at home and whilst out and about for extra protection. FirstAid4Less has a wide range of repellents range from different strengths and uses such as:
- Expedition Plus 100+- Contains DEET and will keep you protected for up to 10 hours. Order yours here for £5.95.
- Natural Kids 30+- Specifically designed for children’s skin and can be used for children from 6 months old. Order yours here for £5.09.
- Mosi Bands- These bands can b e worn on your ankle of wrist and will provide up to 100 hours of protection from mosquitoes. Can be purchased with DEET or without. Order yours here for only £3.10.
Make sure you are fully prepared for the Asian Tiger Mosquitoes. Order your Mosquitoes Repellents from FirstAid4Less today!