Norovirus- Don't Let That Bug Go Viral
Norovirus is sweeping the UK. It’s making a real impact in schools shutting down, hospitals closing their doors and many people off work; with the number of cases now rising to 1.1million!
The symptoms include:
- Sudden onset of vomiting and diarrhoea
- Stomach cramps
- A temperature of over 38C
- Aching limbs and headaches
For the majority of people norovirus is short-lived and will pass within a couple of days. However, if you’ve had norovirus you could be infectious for up to a week after your symptoms have passed.
What should you do?
To help prevent catching Norovirus, it is advised to keep hygiene as a high importance.
Here are some products from FirstAid4Less that can be very effective against a number of seasonal illnesses, including Norovirus:
- By washing your hands regularly you can minimise contamination of germs spreading. Use Bioguard Medical Hand Scrub for as low as £4.35.
- When it is not possible to get to water and soap then make sure you always have the handy pocket sized Purell Antibacterial Hand Rub for as low as £1.15!
- Remember to keep all surfaces free from germs and wipe all sides with Disinfectant Wipes starting from as low as £1.70!
When you have norovirus rest is key, so stay in bed. Remember to drink plenty of fluids and, if possible, eat something easily digestible like soup or bread.
From everyone at FirstAid4Less we hope you don't catch the dreaded winter virus but if you do we are here to help!